How to Let a Property

If you have a property that you would like to let through Henwick Properties then please contact us for a free appraisal. Alternatively, if you are considering buying an investment property for letting you are welcome to contact us as we are the experts in the area and can help you find a suitable property.

You will need to complete a Landlord Instruction Form.

Identification Requirements for Landlords

We require identification evidence for every landlord or tenant. This applies for both landlords in respect of a jointly owned property or one that you will own together after purchase.

In order that we may fulfill the requirements, we will need to inspect the following Identification Documents and obtain copies…

  • A valid full passport or photo driving licence
  • A utility or telephone bill less than three months old showing your name and address

If you do not have these items, please telephone to discuss alternatives. You may attend at our offices in person between 9am and 5pm without an appointment, we can copy your documents and certify them without charge to you. The process should normally take no longer than 5-10 minutes.

If you are not able to attend in person, please do not send your original passport or driving license via the post. If you are unable to visit the office we can accept copies certified by a responsible person such as a solicitor, an
accountant, doctor, bank manager, estate agent teacher etc. The person making the certification will inspect the originals in your presence, take a photocopy of each and then add the following words on each page…

“I {name of certifier} certify this to be a true copy of the original
Signed {signature of certifier} Date
Qualification of certifier”

On the photo ID only, the following words will need to be written on the copy as well as what is above.

“I {name of certifier} certify this to be a true likeness of {insert client’s name}
Signed {signature of certifier} Date
Qualification of certifier”

You might like to show the certifier these notes, as they may be unfamiliar with the requirements.

If you do not reside within the UK then a copy of your passport, national identity card and utility bills may be certified in the way described above by either an Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioner of the Country of issue or a qualified Lawyer or Notary.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search