Letting Services for Landlords
Our Service can be tailored to suite your particular requirements but is designed for those Landlords who require their property to be fully managed.
The service is…
- We will market the property and introduce potential Tenants with authority to accept a Tenant on the Landlord’s behalf.
- When a suitable Tenant is identified, we will carry out such credit checks, take up previous Landlords’ references and an employment reference if deemed appropriate.
- We will draw up the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement or Company Agreement where appropriate and explain the terms and conditions fully to the incoming Tenant.
- In order to end an Assured Shorthold Tenancy, it is necessary to serve a notice on the Tenant at least two months before possession is required. We will issue the appropriate notice requiring possession if and when instructed.
- We will prepare or update a detailed inventory and schedule of condition and agree this with the Tenant at the commencement of the letting.
- We will collect from the Tenant a minimum deposit equivalent to five weeks rent which we will hold as stakeholder between the parties and the balance or full deposit will be returned to the Tenant at the end of the tenancy after agreement has been reached regarding any dilapidation’s which may have occurred without interest which will retained by us.
- At the termination of the tenancy we will check the inventory and prepare a schedule of dilapidation’s if any. Any damage or dilapidation which may have occurred during the tenancy is recorded on the schedule, copies of which are sent to both Landlord and Tenant who agree what amount, if any, is to be deducted from the dilapidation’s deposit. If the parties are unable to agree dilapidation’s charges then, the money will be placed in a bank account pending agreement as to the dilapidation charges.
- We will collect the rent in advance of each rental period.
- We will submit to the Landlord each month a statement of account and credit the Landlord with the balance of the monies due. Any interest credited to your client account will be retained by Henwick Properties.
- We will if required arrange to pay on the Landlord’s behalf current outgoings such as insurance premiums, service charges, etc. We cannot accept responsibility for the adequacy or otherwise of any insurance cover, nor can we verify service/maintenance charges, demands or estimates.
- Although we use all reasonable endeavours and query any obvious discrepancies as we discover them, we must emphasise that we are entitled to accept and pay on the Landlord’s behalf demands and accounts that appear to be correct at the time they are received.
- We will carry out a routine inspection of the property, if no serious defect requiring inspection has been reported in the meantime. It should be appreciated that any such inspection and assessment of defects which are reported to us will be of a cursory nature and will embrace only apparent or obvious defects. The inspection will not amount in any way to a survey of the premises, whether structural or otherwise.
- We will investigate as far as possible any defects which are reported to us or which come to our notice. With the landlords prior approval and clear instructions obtained first we will carry out all routine maintenance and repairs, we have access to a number of experienced and very capable tradesmen so once reported we will sort it out as soon as is reasonably possible.
- We can also assist with and fully project manage a full property refurbishment structural extensions and alterations dealing with all aspects of town and country planning and building regulations.
- We operate a full on 24 hour 7 day a week emergency repair service which enables the tenant to be confident that any problem is dealt with immediately by us one of the partners will attend the property within 30 minutes to personally inspect the problem as well as calling out a tradesman thus keeping full control over what repairs are actually required.
- If during our management there is a change in tenancy, we will check for any repairs that may need to be carried out, advise the Landlord accordingly and await further instructions.
- Should the property be vacant at any time we will carry out routine inspections, and advise on any action required.
- Our commission for this full Management Service is from 8% plus VAT of the rent received depending on size and location of the property which will be deducted from the rent paid to us each month.
- All new tenancies and changeover of tenancies will be subject to a fee of £150.00 including VAT to cover the cost in relation to the credit checks, right to rent checks, preparation of the tenancy agreement, preparation of the property inventory, check in and check out. Please note this only applies to fully managed properties.